I Still Love H.I.M.

April 29, 2009

Hip-Hop.

this very culture helped spark my ongoing curiosity for music. the bad thing? there's too much of it! lol with that being said, it's no secret that i have been slowly trying to heighten my knowledge just a bit more.

i pride myself on what i know. i'm always aiming to learn something new. the only thing i'm having problems with are beef and battle rap. neither of those interest me, but for the sake of the culture? i have to make a sacrifice. i have to learn to appreciate every aspect of Hip-Hop in order to keep a firm grip. why? i want to continue to solidify it's placement within me. although i'm not actively involved in any of the four elements, i love it as much as the next emcee, graffiti artist, DJ, or break dancer.

with that being said, i'm going to continue to stay true to my new year's resolution. it happens to be the only one still going strong lol

1 comment-os:

Blackstar said...

You can easily do graff writing Ryann... You are hip hop because you are the 5th. You are the culture just by the true love you really have for H.I.M. I'm enthused about you wanting to envelope yourself in the culture. I don't like battle rap either and I'm not much of a battler but I want to learn and pick up the art of punchlines because that's another part of hip hop I haven't Mastered... I break a lil bit... I can do graff writing soon as I get the necessary paints and materials and the sketches made. I'm learning to DJ and I already produce. You don't even have to do all that. If you truly love the culture you are hip hop.

Peace